Interim Technical Director
Interim management is an effective managerial solution for companies of all sizes to deal with an unprecedented situation, a managerial emergency or to accelerate their transformation.
MANAGERIM, expert in interim management, provides you with interim managers specialized in technical management everywhere in Europe and internationally.
Our community of interim managers in technical management includes top and middle managers (technical director or manager, engineering office manager, industrialization manager, etc.) with:
- sectorial expertise
- solid experience in supervising technical services
- strong leadership skills
- a hands-on culture
- and skills in leading continuous improvement projects
Our interim managers are men and women selected after a rigorous and demanding process, as much for their expertise as for their interpersonal skills.
The missions of an interim technical manager
The technical director implements the industrial strategy on the production sites. He/she is responsible for all the technical services involved in supporting manufacturing.
Depending on the organization, the missions include various responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the technical activities of manufacturing, maintenance, logistics and production management on the production sites in cooperation with the director or the production manager
- Carry out the investments necessary for the improvement of the means of production: optimization of industrial installations, improvement of processes, new production lines, recruitment, training of operators, etc.
- Study the technical feasibility during the design of a product or a range of products in conjunction with the R&D department
- Set production objectives in terms of quantity of parts produced per day, quality and respect of deadlines for the production sites (or workshops depending on the structure)
- Define precisely the expectations in terms of purchasing raw materials and/or parts/sub-assemblies according to cost and quality criteria
- Select the company's main suppliers and validate the technical suitability of their products in relation to production objectives
- Ensure the coordination of actions between the teams in charge of production management and the technical departments
- Ensure the implementation and proper application of QHSE regulations
- Propose and implement improvements in the management of technical services in order to increase productivity and reduce costs and production times
Why mobilize an interim technical manager of the MANAGERIM firm?
Our interim technical managers have previous successful experience:
- on several sites of different sizes (from ten or so people to several hundred or thousands of employees) in Europe or internationally in a multicultural environment
- with continuous or non-continuous flow, on sensitive sites such as Seveso low or high threshold, on small, medium or large series...
- in multiple industrial sectors: food processing, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, automotive, aeronautics, mechanics, metallurgy, plastics, packaging, textiles, paper, wood...
- in different contexts (growth, decline, construction, opening or closing of a site, transformation, restructuring, crisis management...)
They know how to adapt rapidly and be immediately operational.
Our interim managers in technical management are involved in high value-added missions in a variety of situations:
- Temporarily replace a manager at short notice for technical functions (technical and general services director, technical and engineering director, new works director, design director, etc.)
- Provide operational support to a team during a period of increased activity
- Manage teams (managers, engineers, technicians and operators) and supervise studies on the various technical, safety, environmental, quality and budgetary aspects
- Propose and manage the implementation of improvements and adaptations to one or more production sites (implementation of a production line, new work, etc.) in order to optimize production in terms of costs, quality and deadlines
- Support, guide and advise operational teams on technical matters
- Manage technical interventions and new works
- Design and manage Operational Excellence and continuous improvement processes
- Actively contribute to the economic performance of the site(s) and to the optimization of the service rate
- Manage specific projects (industrial transfer, industrialization/tooling, integration of industrial units, modernization of workshops/plants 4.0...)
- Reinforce performance management (reporting, monitoring of associated indicators, compliance with CAPEX budget, inventory management, etc.)
- Resolve difficulties encountered and possible crisis situations
- Ensure compliance with HSE procedures (particularly in terms of basic safety)
- Change management
Throughout their assignments, our interim managers are supported by one of our partners, who guarantees the quality of the assignment and the methodology developed by MANAGERIM.
Are you looking for an interim manager technical director?
Rely on our interim management firm MANAGERIM to rapidly mobilize the best interim manager profile