Interim Director of Treasury
Interim management is an effective managerial solution for companies of all sizes to deal with an unprecedented situation, a managerial emergency or to accelerate their transformation.
MANAGERIM, expert in interim management, provides you with interim managers specialized in cash management everywhere in France and internationally.
Our community of treasury professionals includes interim managers with:
- solid knowledge in the fields of tax and treasury
- a good knowledge of IT and treasury management tools (Kyriba, Sage, SAP, etc.)
- a good understanding of IFRS standards and banking operations
- rigor and interpersonal skills
Our interim managers are men and women selected after a rigorous and demanding process, as much for their expertise as for their interpersonal skills.
The missions of an interim treasury manager
The interim treasury director is an experienced manager who is temporarily entrusted by our client with the company's cash management and financing policy.
The general mission of the interim cash manager is to optimize and secure financial flows.
Depending on the company, assignments can include many responsibilities:
- Prepare daily cash flow forecasts in order to optimize investments and financing based on the specifics of the company's activities (products, markets)
- Implement appropriate reporting to monitor compliance with the investment and financing policy and to refine short-term cash flow forecasts
- Organize the flows of receipts and disbursements of the entities at the best cost and with IT tools adapted to the specificities of the entity concerned
- Negotiate appropriate financing solutions with banks (factoring, bank loans, leasing, management of related guarantees, etc.) and ensure compliance with contractual clauses and financial ratios
- Optimize surplus cash with investments selected according to their duration, nature, yield, amount invested, risk, taxation: term accounts or deposits (CAT/DAT), capitalization contracts, mutual funds, etc.
- Participate in the structuring of investment financing: acquisitions of companies or major assets
- Set up interest rate and exchange rate hedging instruments adapted to the assets and currencies used and to the entity's specific flows
- Take charge of financial communication, manage relations with shareholders, investors, rating agencies, etc.
- Manage insurance to cover operational risks: raw material supplies from high-risk countries for example, geopolitical risks, and all risks of damage to the company's assets
Why hire an interim manager treasury director from our interim management firm MANAGERIM?
Our interim managers, experts in cash management, working capital and financing, have previous successful experience in various sectors, with companies or groups of different sizes and in the context of high-stakes situations (LBOs, downsizing, hypergrowth, divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, transformations, turnarounds, restructurings, etc.), which enables them to adapt quickly to new contexts and to be immediately operational.
Our interim treasury managers undertake high value-added assignments in a variety of situations:
- Temporarily replace a treasury manager at short notice (treasury manager, banking relations manager, company treasurer, cash manager, etc.)
- Manage teams and manage flows on an operational basis
- Improve cash management and cash forecasting and optimize working capital...
- Audit the organization, tools and processes
- Analyze the financial needs of the company
- Identify and quantify the various risks: interest rates, exchange rates, raw materials, counterparty (borrower default), and evaluate the impacts on the entities
- Manage complex projects: implementation of SSCs, deployment of new information systems, dematerialization of payment methods, implementation of a cash pooling solution (centralized cash management) and netting (clearing operations of inflows and outflows in all currencies carried out by domestic and foreign subsidiaries), mergers, divestments, fight against fraud, etc.
- Participate in turnaround operations
- Develop the cash culture internally through a series of awareness-raising actions
- Manage, renegotiate and reduce debt (DPO and WCR improvement)
- Seek financing, set up loan agreements or cash flow agreements between the parent company and its subsidiaries
Throughout their assignments, our interim managers are supported by one of our partners, who guarantees the quality of the assignment and the methodology developed by MANAGERIM.
Looking for an interim cash manager?
Rely on our interim management firm MANAGERIM to rapidly mobilize the best interim manager profile