Interim Management in the Mining and Metallurgy Sector
MANAGERIM provides you with interim managers who are experts in the mining and metallurgy sector to help you meet your transformation challenges
Situated at the upper end of the industrial value chain, the ores, minerals and metals sector is an indispensable link in the supply of downstream industries such as construction, aerospace and space, defense, automotive, mechanics, electronic components or renewable energies…
The sector faces strong international competition. Companies in the sector must continually strengthen their differentiation and face many challenges:
- Secure a sustainable and competitive supply of raw and secondary materials
- Optimize resource mobilization (energy in particular) and reduce the environmental impact of their activities, and develop circular economy
- Strengthen contribution to ecological transition goals, in the way of production, in the use of products and in the development of products all together
- Continue development and innovation efforts
- Accelerate the digital transformation of their tools, methods and processes across the entire chain
- Stimulate continuous performance improvement to drive lower production costs and greater competitiveness
- Stimulate HR management policy, training and talent management, and retention
MANAGERIM, your interim management firm, expert in the mining and metallurgy sector
Our interim managers are experienced women and men, managers and executives, all with successful prior experience in the mining and metallurgy sectors.
They developed in-depth knowledge of the processes and challenges of various industrial sectors with multiple players.
They accompany our clients -companies of all sizes, in a very operational way, for a temporary period (4 to 12 months) in:
- emergency managerial situations:
- temporary replacement of a manager (CEO, HRD, CFO, plant manager, production, maintenance, technical, R&D, quality, HSE, purchasing, logistics…)
- temporary reinforcement of a team
- crisis management
- piloting a transformation project
- steering performance improvement projects in the areas of finance, controlling, HR, IS (ERP implementation, etc.)
- management of complex projects
- reorganization, restructuring, turnaround or M&A programs
- specialized and specific expertise in:
- Quality and/or Health, Safety and Environment – QHSE / HSE
- Technical aspects
- Social relations management
- Payroll and HRIS
- Legal aspects
Examples of positioning of our interim managers
Here are some examples of rapid and targeted provision of interim managers:
- Interim Chief Operating Officer (COO) for a player in charge of mining operations in Africa: team management and site operations, supervision of maintenance, reinforcement of HSE procedures, etc.
- Interim Human Resources Director on the major site of a large company in the metallurgy sector: support for social dialogue in a sensitive context, negotiation of specific agreements, coaching for managers in team management
- Interim Innovation & Technology Director for a leader in mineral extraction equipment: relay management and reinforcement of the team's steering and the program and technological roadmap
- Interim Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for leader in the mining sector: conducting a project to set up a new Shared Services Centre (SSC) in all areas of accounting (general accounting, third party accounting and bank accounting), team facilitation and training, structuring of processes and tools: service agreements, performance monitoring, recruitment...
- Interim Quality and R&D Manager: test management, new product development, quality audit of organization and suppliers
- Are you looking for an interim manager with a strong knowledge of the mining and metallurgy sector to temporarily replace a manager or to lead a transformation project?
- Call on our interim management firm MANAGERIM to rapidly mobilize the best interim manager profile